Keep your head high, you're not failing just yet.
It’s a great thing, but sometimes it jst doesn’t go to plan. Instead of fixating on the mis-happenings of young adulthood, the older generation will tell you that it’s okay not to have your sh*t together.
1. You're trying out things that make you happy and feel balanced. Our advice: instead of stressing of where you are, focus on identifying what works for you, get hobbies that get you money, keep you fit and keep you creative.
2. You have chance to make mistakes, this is the only window of time where your goofing will be tolerated and pardoned. People understand that you're young and learning.
3. There's endless possibilities at this point in time. At 21 you’ve got options to swing from one occupation to another trying out until you find what works for you.
4. You can travel. Go visit all your cousins in different parts of the world. They say that knowledge is acquired in two main places; books and travel. It’s not a cheap expedition, but a few days on the train will give you a whole lot of time to reflect on your self.
5. Speaking of reflection, at 21 no one expects you to have fully mastered yourself. It’s a time to make choices that identify you without feeling the pressure of being responsible for anyone else other than yourself. This is the time to enjoy all your aha moments.
6. You’re learning how to be independent. One of the things you’ll notice is that no one is chasing your business like before. This is the time to learn how to be emotionally and psychologically independent. Financial success can be the happy afterthought.
7. You’re not lazy. Not having your business figured out doesn’t mean that you’re slacking. Great things take longer to line up but it’s worth the wait. Enjoy it.
8. This is the only time you have for zero commitments until you retire. Think about that for a second. Enjoy the ability to make spontaneous dicisions while you can. A time is coming when your boss won’t let you travel to Nakuru for nyama choma on a Thursday.
9. Money is not an issue just yet. Most tweny something year olds are still being supported by their parents, there's no need to break your back struggling for money just yet.
10. You can look back one day and tell a heroic story about yourself. Love, laugh, pay debts and get heart broken; you’ll be pretty interesting company someday.