From changing shower gels to taking antibiotic medicines there are a lot of things that can lead to yeast infections.
Almost 75% of women in the world have experienced it in their lifetime. Yeast infections are caused by unbalanced pH in the vagina that makes it a condusive environment for bacteria known as Candida albicans to culture.
That is why yoghurt is such a great healer. It's natural active culture breeds healthy bacteria that assists to neutralize the harmful candinda albicans and return the vagina to its natural healthy state.
The question is, do you drink it or apply it onto your lady parts?
Answer: Drinking NATURAL yoghurt will is a healthy way to regulate and prevent yeast infections but applying it to you lady parts does a better job at curing it once it occurs.
There are many ways of doing it. According Home Remedies you can do it the following five ways.
1. Yogurt Tampon
- Inserting yogurt into the vagina is a pretty messy job. Following this process makes it easy.
- Add unsweetened yogurt into a plastic tampon.
- Refrigerate it to get little yogurt sicles.
- Insert these popsicles into the vagina for 2 hours.
- Additionally, apply some yogurt to the labia and vaginal opening.
- Put on a pad to collect the melting yogurt and find relief from the cold yogurt.
- Rinse off with water and dry thoroughly.
- Repeat the process once during day and another overnight.
- Alternatively, coat a tampon with yogurt and insert it into vagina and leave it for about 4 – 6 hours or overnight.
- Alternative: If you don’t have a plastic tampon then you can use a disposable glove. Fill the glove fingers with yogurt and freeze them. Take out as needed and insert into the vagina.
Dip a tampon in yoghurt and insert it into your vagina. (Stayonthemom)
2. Yogurt Sicles
The cool temperature of the sicles will reduce reduce the inflammation and swelling.
- Take a cup of yogurt and fill the slots of an ice cube tray.
- Place the ice tray in the refrigerator and let it freeze for 3 – 4 hours.
- Remove the yogurt sicles from the ice cube tray.
- Gently rub them on the affected areas.
- After finishing it, rinse off with lukewarm water and pat it dry thoroughly.
- Repeat the process at least 2 times a day for quick results.
With Yoghurt sicles wear a sanitary pad to collect the leaking yoghurt. (Courtesy)
3. Yogurt External Application
This process is very simple and doesn’t need any earlier preparations.
- Take some yogurt in a bowl.
- Using your fingers, apply a coat of yogurt on the affected areas.
- Leave the application for 30 minutes and wipe off it.
- Repeat the process at least 3 times a day for 1 week to notice the results.
4. Yogurt using a Syringe
For this method you will need a syringe without a needle. By following this process, we apply the yogurt inside the vagina without much discomfort.
- Take syringe without a needle and fill it with yogurt.
- Sit with your legs wide spread apart.
- Place the business end of the syringe into the vagina mouth.
- Squirt the yogurt inside.
- Leave it for some time. Make sure to wear a sanitary pad to collect the leaking yogurt.
- Rinse it off with water.
- Repeat the application only when you need it.
Use a syringe to squirt yoghurt inside the vagina. (Courtesy)
5. Yogurt Consumption
Simply consuming an increased amount of yogurt can help to fight with yeast infection from the inside.
Consume 1 cup of yogurt 2 times a day i.e. once in the morning and another during night.
If you don’t like consuming yogurt, you can take probiotic supplements for achieving the same benefits. Probiotic supplements contain good bacterial strains which help to control and prevent the growth of infection.